My daughter is at a very entertaining and curious age right now. She is exploring and learning about a lot of new things through all her actions.
In spite of her young age, her undistilled words present me with moments of epiphany. I want to collect them here.
She gave me an important life lesson in optimism a few days back.
Me: T, Why did you waste 1/2 the egg?
She: I finished 1/2 the egg Daddy.
Me(refering to mom and her): Are you guys done with dinner?
She: Why are you calling us guys? We are girls.
That was an enjoyable rebuttal from a 2 year old feminist.
May 5, 2012
I was just bolting down to the finish line as if I was running away from a crazy dog or a bad dream. One more half marathon had ended and this time it did not feel like half death. Due to the lack of a meticulously executed training plan, I had told myself that I would keep the timing and the stupidity under control. So, I ran this race well with myself without trying to outpace my mind. In the end, I thought it was beautifully executed race. I kept my pace around 10:19 min/mile and I came home without wincing.
About the race itself, this is one of the prettiest courses I have ever run. I would put it right alongside my runs in Mammoth lakes and in Stanley Park, Vancouver. The entire race is run amidst old, tall and fabulous Redwood trees whose presence make you feel insignificant in the worldly scheme of things. If you ever want to run a race married to your watch and times, this is a bad place to do it because this is one of those races you need to enjoy the surroundings around you and run. Yet, if you are picking a race to do a PR, this is not a bad choice at all because the course is flat and easy.
One last word- I tip my hat to the organizers Six Rivers Running Club [http://www.6rrc.com/]. The arrangements were excellent and the aid stations were abundant. A well managed race and kudos to all the volunteers. There was nothing haphazard and stressful about running here.
Cameras can never do justice to the beauty of this place and my camera and photography skills might make them look ordinary. So, please check this out for yourself.
moment of zen yesterday while running. I was telling myself constantly “Conversation pace”. Then realized, not only for a good run but also for a good life “Conversation pays” 🙂
The NFL Playboy Association & the Owners Association announced a new collective bargaining deal today ending a six month long clusterfuck, which was threatening to restore Sundays and Mondays to American families. The agreement was 6000 pages long and neither side claimed full knowledge of it but seem to have signed it just because ABC was threatening to do Desperate Housewives re-run on Sundays. Speaking on the occasion, NFL commissioner Goger Roodell said “In order to repay the fans for their unflinching support and commitment to the game, all teams will observe “5 dollar Chalupa” day on opening day of theseason.On this day, fans will be able to enjoy a Chalupa for $8 and roar in support of their favorite team.” Bisele Gundchen, spokesperson for the NFL Playboy Association said ” Nothing excites me more than seeing athletic and muscular men in compromising positions. Sundays are back Baby!! “
Experts at Touchdown Fetish magazine have identified the following as the most important changes to the game.
- Coaches who die during the Gatorade Bath will be not be eligible for workers compensation.
- Rookies under the age of 21 or with a GPA over 3.6 will be automatically suspended for the season.
- In order to help the NFL reduce its ecological footprint, the environmentally conscious Bay Area teams Raiders and Niners have pledged not to score during the entire season.
- As a part of our “NFL cares” initiative, tailgating parties will be made strictly vegan.
- It is now mandatory for players to sanitize their hands with Gem-X Aloe Hand Sanitizer prior to every snap.
- There is a 25% reduction in all fines and penalties if you like NFL on Facebook.
- Non-white players appearing in a game in the State of Arizona are likely be shot in their belly buttons.
- Quarterbacks will be required to wear helmets even when they are having sex and wear condoms even when they are playing.
- Meaningless numbers on player jerseys will be replaced with last four digits of their Social and their Mother’s maiden name.
- Every fantasy team will have at least one Victoria Secret Model.
- Players are allowed only 3 F bombs per minute and anyone who violates the rule will be fucking punished.
- Five touchdowns or two wardrobe malfunctions are guaranteed in every Super Bowl until 2018.
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will accept that he is an asshole on national TV.
- Players are allowed to tweet lewd photos only with NFL logo.
- Players with fake birth certificates will be banned for life and trained to run for President of America.
- Anyone carrying reports on Brett Favre will be waterboarded.
Tim Tombrowski, a die-hard Steelers fan and season ticket holder exclaimed “I am indebted to the league and to the Steelers. To show gratitude, I will clean up the entire 20F section in Heinz Field with my terrible towel after every home game. Go Steelers!!”. Conservative voice Pat Buchanan touched on a very important and often neglected aspect of the game “Everyone expects this to be a fun season but lets pause for a moment and pray for the safety, security and virginity of the cheerleaders in the game.”
God Bless Football and God Bless America.